Saturday, December 14, 2013

Snowy Day

So being Canadian its the time of year were we come to expect snow and today was the first real storm of the season.  With blowing and drifting snow and totals expected to be 10-15cm it does not entice me to go out and drive around in it.  So after a change in plans, I made it a stay at home kind of day.  So rather then just sitting around on my butt and being lazy I decided to accomplish something.... I wrapped Christmas Presents.


So with that done, I cleaned up the aftermath of wrapping and decided to do some TRX.  What is this you may ask, only the most intense type of workout I've ever done. The TRX Suspension Trainer (I call them TRX Straps) is a workout system that leverages gravity and your bodyweight to perform hundreds of exercises. You're in control of how much you want to challenge yourself on each exercise because you can simply adjust your body position lower or higher to add or decrease resistance.  Tons of people of all fitness levels can train on the TRX.  From everyday people like me who just want to feel and look good to some of the world's most elite athletes and military. Honestly even just 15 min and you will feel it the next day. It looked really intimidating at first but I'm glad my Personal Trainer, Julie got me to try it out. I was lucky enough to have gotten a set as an Early Christmas gift so know I can do it whenever, wherever I want too! Look out this winter I may just get ripped lol.
 
 

For Dinner tonight I tried something new to me, Ground Turkey (shocking, I have never used it before, I know)  I love tacos and am the only one in my family who does.  So when a co-worker mentioned using ground turkey to make tacos, the light blub went off!  I had bought a package awhile back and froze it. I busted it out and got a packet of low sodium taco seasoning, whole wheat tortillas and I already had low fat cheese on hand so I made myself some tacos!  I cut up some cucumber, red onion and red pepper for toppings and all I can say is mmmmm!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment